I borrowed some automotive scales from a hangar neighbor who works for Michigan Tech's Keweenaw Research Center. Here is the plane placed horizontally on scales. A jack stand keeps the tail elevated on the aft scale.
I used a hoist to lift each wheel on the scale. I lifted from the gear leg truss.
Here is a closeup of the scale.
I used the hoist as a secondary support in case the jackstand fell. Lot's of anxiety getting it to this point.
I needed to get the mains level as well, so I put the front scales on the level concrete sill.
Here is the output weights. Total empty weight 790 lbs with the tail coming in at 67 lbs minus the jackstand. Most S7s come in around 750 lbs, but with my BRS in the baggage compartment, I came in heavier overall and in the tail.
I shimmed the jack stand up with 2x4s.
Another shot of the wheel being lifted from the hoist. This will be used to change tires in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment