Next, holes were drilled every 8-9" while maintaining specified edge distances. A dremel drum sander was used to notch areas where underlying bolt heads on TE spar were located which would have precluded seating of seal.
Using a 4' level, I struck a line corresponding to the top of hinge elevation. The top of gap seal matched this line.
Two-way tape was used to adhere the gaps seals while transfer drilling was done into the TE spar. Clecos were used to hold piece during drilling.
Following deburring of holes, I then riveted gap seals to trailing edge spars. Next, using a block plane, I then trimmed trailing edge of gap seal to create a 0.06" air space between gap seal and flap/aileron.
Here a completion pics.
Hard to see, but bolt heads underlie the covering on the TE spar. These areas were notched on the gap seal.
The mitred ends were constructed to facilitate potential bolt removal. The rivet holes were located 1/4" from bottom of gap seal rather than along centerline so that the pop rivet gun head would fit unobstructed.
No comments:
Post a Comment