Today I set the wing washout or twist in the wing. The inboard side of the wing is set to have a higher angle of attack then the outboard side. As a result, the inboard side will buffet and stall before the outboard side where the aileron control surfaces are located. I had to get the wings level, so I used an adjustable stand along with a level to accomplish this. The level was taped to the bottom of a 2x4 and 1/4" shims were taped to locations corresponding to the spars. Once the wing was level I then moved outboard beyond the spar attach points and added another spacer on the TE side and adjusted the rear spar fitting until level was indicated. This was a simple method Rans came up with to get the washout to spec.
Since the plane was level, I then added 1.25 total gallons of fuel to the tanks. This quantity corresponds to the "unuseable" portion of fuel in the tanks that will not drain out. Once added, this level was noted on the wing root sight gauges and the "zero" line on the fuel level decal was place accordingly. I obtained a fish scale to get the precise quantity of fuel in each tank, in this case 3 lb 12 oz per wing tank.
No comments:
Post a Comment