I completed acid-etch priming and painting of a lot of smaller aluminum pieces, which allowed me to get down to installing some the final punch-list items. Here is fabrication of the rudder cable guard.
I painted and installed the fuel scuppers and hooked up the remaining fuel lines connecting the wings to fuselage. The fuel system is now 100% complete. I need to add some fuel to the system to expand the tanks and leak-test the lines.
I connected the lines in the wing to the pitot tube and mounted on the wing.
Likewise, on the other wing, I hooked up the Lift Reserve Indicator and mounted to the wing. The pneumatic lines, probes and instruments are now 100% complete. Per the guidance, I set the inital probe angle to 50 degrees and penciled a reference line on the probe.
Finally, following paint, I final installed the gear leg fairings. Note near the bottome the section of fuel line I placed over the poly tubing for protection from the fairing edge. In this pic you can see the outside air temperature probe mounted on the plastic rib and brake line going through.
A rubber molding edge was glued on top.
No comments:
Post a Comment