Sunday, September 28, 2008

Final Wing Precovering Assembly-LE Support Tubes, Misc

After a Summer hiatus, I'm finally back in production. I applied Bondo filler puddy and sanded it to create a smooth contour between leading edge wrap and front spar.


Next I cut 1/2" tubing and spaced between each rib 3-3/4" from trailing edge of LE wrap. Gussets were riveted to each rib at this location and then the tubing was riveted to the gussets. The reinforcing tubes will support the LE wrap during flight and prevent "oil-canning".
I assembled stands I borrowed from Rans and used one on each wing so that the wing can be rotated and braked for ease of work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great looking project! I keep coming back to the design of this aircraft and it may well be the model that I choose. Look forward to seeing any updates. - CB from Michigan.